2DRY FM is seeking a committed and dedicated individual to lead a youth program.
The youth coordinator will recruit, up-skill and provide ongoing support to youth volunteers to establish a live or pre-recorded weekly programming.
They will source and develop training materials suitable for youth, engage with youth organisations and schools to promote and then deliver a school-holiday training session to provide young people with the skills and confidence to launch a radio program and will continue to provide support for young people to produce ongoing weekly programming, by youth, for youth.
The successful candidate will be expected to plan, prepare, promote and run a week-long training session in the September school holidays targeting young people aged 12-24. From October onwards the youth coordinator will have up to 8 hours per week to support the production of youth programming on 2DRY FM during school terms.
The successful applicant will have radio production skills and previous experience working with young people.
Casual Contract Position (12 months)
Hours vary July – September 2022
8 hours per week Oct-Dec & Mar-June
Please refer to the Selection Criteria in your response.
Demonstrated experience in:
- Media/ Radio/ Community Radio including radio presentation, audio editing, scripting and interviewing community, panelling, and production.
- Working with young people
- Coordinating Volunteers
- Community training and education
- Ability to work autonomously and co-operatively with teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, conflicting deadlines and self-directed workflow
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with a broad range of stakeholders
- Computer skills including proficiency with general MS Office software, and social media and audio production programs – with an ability to learn new skills quickly
- Must old a current Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain)
- Event management experience
- Social Media
- Experience in community and stakeholder liaison
- Understanding of multiple areas of broadcasting (including programming, training, audio production, etc.)
- Technical experience relevant to a radio station and may include broadcast technology such as broadcast automation, audio editing and engineering software, podcasting.
- Knowledge of Broken Hill and Far West NSW.
How to apply: Please email written applications with references to firstname.lastname@example.org