We’re kicking off a month of special events to raise funds to keep our wonderful community radio growing! Help us reach our $20,000 target, every dollar counts!
2DRY FM’s strategic plan defines our vision to be a dedicated community broadcaster that reflects the culture of, and is strongly supported by, our community.
In the past 18 months 2DRY FM’s has greatly increased activities in in line with our vision. Growth in areas such as:
- Programming eg. live Footy Commentary, The Youth Times, Washed Away, Water Watch, The drive home with Arliah, Have a crack, Lunchtime with Lachlann as well as all the wonderful programs that have been running for many years.
- New volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds in our community
- 21 live event broadcasts (markets, Christmas pageant, live gigs, Broken Heel Parade etc.)
- 7 days of special programming
- Tripled our membership base
And now our running first ever fundraising campaign, with a target of $20,000 to keep our station growing.
Funds raised through the radiothon will go to the 2DRY operations budget. These funds are allocated and managed by the board and typically includes items such as:
- Licensing Fees
- Bills and utilities
- Maintenance of assets (microphones, transmission equipment, computers etc)
- Planning for a financially secure future
Community radio is not-for-profit and operates in a resource constrained environment.
Broken Hill is a small community of 17,000 people, this crowd-funding campaign is coinciding with major events in town to broaden our reach to realistically achieve our goal of $20,000.